International scholarship opportunities for students from OAS member states
May 13, 2021 The Organization of American States (OAS) has launched its 2021 Academic Scholarships Program. Scholarships are available to citizens or permanent residents from OAS member states, including Canadians, wishing to study or conduct research at the Master's or PhD level, leading to a degree from a university in an OAS member state (other than their own).
One scholarship will be awarded to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. The scholarship is tenable starting from January to December 2021.
The designated National Liaison Office (ONE) of the OAS Member State in which the applicant is a citizen or permanent resident will pre-select candidates. Non-Canadian applicants should contact the ONE in their country for eligibility and application details.
- Funding organization: Organization of American States (OAS)
- Target audiences: Citizens or permanent residents of OAS member states, including Canadians, who wish to undertake graduate studies or research in a university in an OAS member state other than their home country
- Duration: 1-2 academic years
- Value: USD 10,000 (maximum) per academic year
- Inclusions: Airfare, tuition fees, mandatory expenses, monthly allowance, medical insurance and annual book allowance
- Deadline for Canadian citizens or permanent residents: June 22, 2021
Interested Canadian candidates should visit the OAS Academic Scholarships Program for full program details and to submit an application.