How to apply
Start your journey to Canada by discovering how to apply to study at a school, English language school or tertiary institution.
Apply to study at a school or English language school
Follow these steps to apply to study at a primary, secondary or English language school.
This is a general guide only – some schools may have different procedures.
- Once you have chosen your school, collect the required documents. These may include a copy of your passport, a medical certificate, school reports and exam results
- Pay an application fee, if required, and submit application form
- Attend an interview, if required. Your school may be able to interview you via Skype, WeChat or another messaging app
- Take an English language assessment, if required
- Submit your application
- Pay your deposit or full fees once you have received a conditional offer of place
Once you have received a confirmed offer of place and, if you’re under 18, a written guarantee of accommodation, you are ready to apply for your student visa.
Documents you’ll be asked to supply include your offer of place, your accommodation guarantee, evidence you have enough money to live on while you study, and medical and travel insurance details.
Apply to study at a tertiary institution
Follow these steps to apply to study at a university, institute of technology, polytechnic or vocational training institution.
This is a general guide only – some tertiary institutions may have different steps.
- Choose your institution and programme
- Check the fees and entry requirements. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the English language requirements for university students or other tertiary students.
- Collect documents. These may include a copy of your passport, academic transcripts and English language test results. Documents may need to be in English or translated into English, and you may be asked to provide certified copies
- Submit application
- Receive an offer of place
- Pay fees
You’re now ready to apply for your student visa. Documents you’ll be asked to supply include an offer of place, proof you have enough money to live on while you study, and medical and travel insurance details.