Prerequisites for Canada student visa
correct and timely filing and documentation can make your process smooth and easy
You ought to apply for a Canada study visa after you get the college COE letter. Below mentioned are the requirements expected to apply for Canada Student Visa.
Proof of identity
- Passport: A valid passport is an utmost requirement when we are applying for a Student Visa. As per the IRCC, If you're coming to Canada to study, your passport must be valid more than the program duration; IRCC cannot issue a study permit beyond the expiry date of your passport.
- Photographs: You also need to provide two recent passport-size photographs, and you must write the name and date of birth on the back of each photo.
Proof of acceptance
You must include the original or electronic copy of your letter of acceptance received from the designated learning institution (DLI) with your study permit application.
If you received a conditional letter of acceptance, you would get your study permit for the length of those courses plus one year. Once you're accepted into your main program, you'll need to apply for a new student permit to extend your stay as a student.
Statement of purpose
An SOP stands for "Statement of Purpose" it is a paper expressing the motivation behind applying to a specific course in a particular college.
In simple words: SOP or Statement of Purpose is an important document which is 1000-1500 words extended essay needed to apply for a student visa to study in Canada. It is an essay written by applicants highlighting their academic and professional excellence to admission to the particular program.
Proof of financial support / Funds
You need to prove that you can support yourself and the family members coming with you to Canada. You can demonstrate your funds with:
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000 from an authorized financial institution.
- proof of an education loan from a designated bank
- Your / supporter bank statements for the past four months.
- Payment invoice of your paid tuition and housing fees
Minimum funds needed to support yourself as a student (and family members who come with you):
Letter of explanation
The letter of explanation helps the visa officer to understand you and your goals. It explains
- why you want to study in Canada and
- that you know your responsibilities as a student
If you decide to apply for a study permit, you should include this letter even if you don't have to get a study permit for your program.
Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
you and your family members are coming with you to undergo a necessary Immigration Medical Examination from a designated panel physician.
Please note your own doctor report is not acceptable by immigration Canada.
English Language Proficiency Exam Score:
As a student, you need to write an English language exam (IELTS) academic or general training module, and you must have a score of 6.0 bands or higher in each skill mean reading, writing, speaking and listening), However, most education institutes accept IELTS academic modules instead of General training, so keep in mind while booking or preparing your English language exam test.
Canada Study visa fee:
If you plan to apply for a Canadian student visa, you need to pay the following charges.
- Canada study visa fee - CAD $ 150
- Biometric charges per person - CAD $ 85
- Biometric charges for family - CAD $ 170
You can pay your Canada study visa fee by MasterCard online.
Please note: pay your visa fee correctly; paying an incorrect price may delay your application processing.
Get Quote Instantly in a Minute
Talk to our Education Experts
011- 47020731, 47020733
Mon to Sat - 10 AM to 6 PM