English Proficiency for International Students depends upon the program you are applying for.
Please note that an English language exam must be written within two years from the application date.
Camosun College accepts one of the following English language exams:
- Please find the document checklist.
- IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0 bands overall but no less than 6.0 in each.
- TOEFL iBT score of 78 overall but no less than 19.
- PTE Academic or PTE Academic Online score of 54 overall (no sub-score less than 50)
- Cambridge Assessment of English: C1 Advanced score of 174 overall (no sub-score less than 169)
- CAEL CE score of 60 overall (no sub-score less than 60)
- GTEC CBT score of 1200 overall (minimum sub-scores: Reading 325, Writing 270, Speaking 260, Listening 335)
- Duolingo English Test (DET) score of 105 for General Admission to most Certificate and Diploma programs and Bachelor of Business Administration programs (exceptions: Nursing and specific other health-related programs). A score of 115 is for admission to post-degree programs (all majors) and degree programs offered by Centre for Sport and Exercise Education.