Canada Student visa
Canada study visa/ permit is an authorization issued by Citizenship Immigration Canada to foreign nationals; Canada student visa allows foreign nationals to study in Canada at designated learning institutions (DLI). Canada study visa/ permit is usually valid for the length of your study course you want to pursue and additional extra 90 days. These 90 days duration let you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.
If you are a citizen of India, China, Philippines, Morocco, Pakistan, Senegal or Vietnam, then you are eligible to apply for your Canada student visa through direct student stream (SDS).
Canada student visa benefits:
You can avail numerous benefits on Canada study visa.
- Work while studying:
Canadian student visa allows you and your spouse while you are studying in Canada. You can work many ways such as:
- On-campus work
- Work Co-op placements
|Please Find Current minimum wages per hour in Canadian provinces wise.|
|Nunavut||CAD $ 16.00 per hour|
|Alberta||CAD $ 15.00 per hour|
|British Columbia||CAD $ 14.60 per hour|
|Ontario||CAD $ 14.25 per hour|
|Yukon||CAD $ 13.85 per hour|
|Northwest territory||CAD $ 13.46 per hour|
|Quebec||CAD $ 13.10 per hour|
|Prince Edward Island||CAD $13.00 per hour|
|Nova Scotia||CAD $ 12.95 per hour|
|New Found land Labrador||CAD $ 12.50 per hour|
|Manitoba||CAD $ 11.90 per hour|
|New Brunswick||CAD$ 11.75 per hour|
|Saskatchewan||CAD $ 11.45 per hour|
Once your study finishes, you will be eligible to apply for a Canada post-graduation study permit; please note post-graduation work permit validity depends upon study program duration.
If you pursue your master’s degree from a specific institute in Canada, you will be eligible to apply for a Canada PR visa without any work experience.
Canada student visa requirements
To apply for a Canada student visa, you need to meet the following requirements,
- Acceptance letter:
- Proof of Tuition fee
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate
- medical exam
- police certificate
- English language test
- Acceptance letter:
To apply for a Canadian student visa, you must receive a Letter of Acceptance from recognised or Designated learning institute of Canada.
A letter of acceptance is also known as an offer letter or offer of admission. An acceptance letter must be briefing about unconditional admission, the course title, duration of the study level, etc.
- Proof of Tuition fee:
Before applying for a Canadian student visa, you must pay your institute's first-year tuition fee. You must attach the below evidence to prove your first-year tuition fee payment
- Payment receipt from the DLI institute
- receipt from a bank
If you are applying for your Canada student visa under the student direct stream, it is mandatory to obtain a Guaranteed Investment Certificate of CAD 10,000 to cover living expenses for your first year from designated financial institutions such as ICICI Bank, HSBC Bank of Canada, Simplii Financial Scotia bank etc.
What is a Guaranteed Investment Certificate? It is a kind of Canadian investment that provides a guaranteed rate for a specific time.
Another essential requirement to apply for Canadian student visa is a medical examination. If your course duration is six months or more, it is mandatory to pass the immigration medical exam with the panel physician Canada.
There are the following possible grounds for your medical inadmissibility:
- Danger to public health
- Danger to public safety
- Excessive demand on health or social services
If you fail to meet the above mentioned criteria, then you will not be allowed to enter Canada as a student. Please Find a Canadian panel doctor to conduct your immigration medical exam, and your doctor examination certificate is not admissible in Canada.
To apply for a Canadian student visa, you and your family members (if accompanying) age 18 years or older need to provide a police clearance certificate from your home country and the country where you stayed six months or more in the row.
Before applying for your Canada student visa application, you must write an English language exam, IELTS- academic training, and score a minimum of 6 bands in each skills ability (reading, writing, speaking & listening)
Canada student visa processing time
Canada student visa processing time depends upon the place you have applied for, the current processing time of a Canada student visa is 12 weeks from the date of application received.
Please note Canada student visa processing time is also based on the following factors.
- Have you submitted the complete application?
- How quickly you respond to the queries received from the visa officer?
- Number of applications in the queue?
- How easily your credentials can be verified?
- How long you take to respond to supply requested documents?
Canada student visa current processing time is 12 weeks.
Canada student visa fees
To apply for a Canada student visa, you need to pay the below fee.
|Application Per person||Canada student visa Fee in CAD $||Canada student visa Fee in INR|
|Canada Study Visa||$ 150||Rs. 8,947|
|Biometric Fee Per Person||$ 85||Rs. 5070|
|Biometric (Per Family) (2 Or More People)||$ 170||Rs. 10140|
|Medical Examination Fee||$ 75||Rs. 4500|
|English Language Exam Fee||$ 250||Rs. 15000|
|Police Clearance Fee||$15||Rs. 1000|
Canada student visa process
To apply for a Canadian student visa application, you need to follow the below steps very carefully.
- Step 1 obtain a letter of acceptance from the Designated learning Institute:
Before applying for the Canadian student visa process, the essential points: first, you need to select the course you want to pursue in Canada, Institute where you want to study, and further admission requirements to enrol in the Institute for the course chosen.
Admission requirements vary from Institute to institute; however, please find the standard requirements
- English language Requirements:
- Academic Requirements:
- Non-academic Requirements:
So, if you are sure that you meet the admission requirements of the Institute, then fill the application form and pay a one-year tuition fee, get an acceptance letter from the Institute.
As we all know, documents play a significant role in Canadian student visa application; document requirements may vary from applicant personal circumstances, course. Please prepare all records in the relevant format,
Incomplete documents, incorrect application forms are not acceptable. It will delay your Canada student visa application and increase the chances of refusal/rejection.
To know more documents requirements, please visit the Canada student visa documents checklist click here
Once you prepare all required documents such as IELTS, acceptance letter, cover letter etc., you can apply for a Canada student visa online or offline and pay the correct visa fee and wait for the decision.
Post submission, your Canada student visa application will be assessed by CIC in two aspects
- Is your visa application complete?
- Are you genuine student or not?
You may be required to attend an interview. The visa officer has the right to decide the interview mode, either telephonic or face to face in both cases; CIC will inform the applicant before scheduling the interview.
If you meet the requirements, your application will be assessed positive, and you will grant your Canada student visa, now you can fly to Canada to pursue your Dreams.
If your application is found not meeting the law or is not a genuine student, you will be assessed negatively, and CIC will notify you in writing. Please note your Canada student visa application fee will not be refundable.
Canada student visa documents
Please find the Canada student visa checklist below, but make sure Canada student visa documents as per the required format.
- All documents must be in either English or French, if any document not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- All documents must be colour & legible
- All documents must be in the PDF format except photographs
- A copy of your birth certificate
Canada student visa documents checklist.
- Personal documents:
You & your accompanying family members need to provide the following documents
- Original Valid Passport; and a copy of the bio pages, also include a copy of all cancelled previous passport, and the pages showing travel history, also make sure your passport must be valid more than 90 days of your intended course duration.
- Colour Photographs: you must supply two colour passport size 35x45 mm photographs, and your name & date must be printed on the back and taken in the past six months.
- Date of Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Name change certificate ( if applicable)
- Divorce certificate ( if applicable)
You must have an acceptance letter from your education institute and a letter of acceptance must be stating
- unconditional admission;
- course title;
- duration of study;
- level of study;
- course start date
- admission date
You must supply your previous qualification statements of marks and degree/ diploma certificates
If you have prior work experience, you must furnish your proof of employment documents such as a Reference letter, payslips (last three months), promotion letters, leave authorization, company ID card etc.
Please note your reference letter must not be 60 days older than the date of submission.
Proof of funds is an essential part of the Canada student visa documents checklist. You need to show below evidence in proof of funds
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC):You must show evidence that you purchased GIC from designated financial institutes of the amount CAD 10,000 to cover living expenses for your first year.
- Tuition fee: You just need to provide an invoice from the DLI institute and a receipt from a financial institute showing that tuition fees have been paid to the college/institute.
- Education Loan: if you have received a loan from the financial institute, you must provide the bank statement showing the transfer of the amount. Please note you must obtain a loan from a bank governed by the Reserve Bank of India.
If you have received a scholarship from any institute, then you must show an official letter stating the amount, duration and terms & conditions
for you and your parents for the past two years.
you also need to provide a study permit Questionnaire as per format.
Please note, few document requirements depend upon student personal circumstances that our Canadian student visa expert can guide.
- English language Requirements: The English language requirement depends upon the course and the institute. It would be best to write the English language and score six bands in each module of academic training.
- Academic Requirements: Academic requirements are all about the subjects, the percentage required to get admission in your intended course/institute.
- Non-academic Requirements: Some courses had Non-academic requirement that includes ECA, questionnaires, essays, portfolios, auditions or testing. It depends upon the course.