Aptech Study Abroad
Why you should study in Australia in 2023?
This cosmopolitan nation, which ranks third among English-speaking nations for international students, is quickly rising in popularity as a destination for students (as per Times Higher Education). It is beneficial to study in Australia for a number of reasons.To name a few:
1. Universities of repute
Five universities out of Australia's 43 universities rank in the top 50 universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2022). Employers highly appreciate degrees from these colleges because of their great reputations for academic brilliance, which gives them a lot of prestige.
2. Numerous choices for discipline specialization
Universities in Australia provide a wide range of courses and degrees, from veterinary science to culinary arts, communications, and business. As a result, students may quickly identify the school that offers a wide range of topic options and is a good fit for them.
One of Australia's most esteemed universities, Deakin University, provides over 106 undergraduate programmes, 171 graduate courses, and 43 research degrees. Additionally, it provides many options for you to widen your academic horizons and enables you select courses relevant to your major.
3. Career prospects
To obtain a degree from a top-tier university and advance their professional prospects, students frequently choose to study abroad. The benefits of studying abroad also include picking up new languages, enjoying various cultures, conquering the challenges of living in a foreign place, and developing a deeper awareness of the globe.
Employers today place a premium on graduates with experience and education abroad. Such skills are sought after by modern employers when employing new employees, and as the market gets more globally diversified, they will only become more important.
4. Scholarship Opportunities to Study in Australia
Scholarships play a vital role in abroad education. It capitalizes you with 30-100% of the tuition fees with additional allowances. Some of the top scholarships to study in Australia are:
- Australian Leadership Awards - It aim to develop leadership and build partnerships and enhance better bond with developing countries, while addressing development plans.ALA Scholarships are for Masters/ Doctorate in an Australian university.
- Macquarie University International Scholarship - Scholarships and grants are tailored for people with different backgrounds, domestically and internationally – so be sure to check which ones you eligible for. It is the most generous international scholarship programs in Australia. It offers a wide variety of long and short term opportunities for international students. This scholarships depend on the country you are from, with other eligibility factors including your field of study and academic other achievements.
- University of Queensland (UQ) India - Australia BEL Excellence Scholarship - The UQ organises BEL India Scholarship in University of Queensland. It is an Australian research university primarily located at Brisbane. The UQ is ranked among the top in all international university rankings .It invites applications for BEL India Scholarships for Indian students studying a coursework master’s degree or undergraduate degree within the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law (excludes the MBA).Eligibility applicant should be an Indian applied to UQ and who have received an unconditional offer .The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship - This Scholarship (IPRS) is funded by the Government of Australia and enables students to undertake a postgraduate research qualification in Australia and gain experience with leading Australian researchers.
5. Earn while you study in Australia
Australia provides special benefits that few other nations do when it comes to student visas. With a Post Study Work Visa, a type of visa that permits international students to stay in the nation for an additional two years after graduation (similar to the BB Deakin program), they can continue their studies in Australia.
Students may work up to 20 hours a week in jobs that need only rudimentary abilities, such as in grocery shops, in the food and beverage (F&B) industry, or even on the campuses of their respective universities. It is a fantastic chance to earn money and bear your living expenses while gaining job experience in their chosen subject of study.
6. Digital learning centre
Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, a lot of students returned to their home countries and continued their education online using university-provided classes. The Digital Education Hub was designed by the Australian government to ensure minimal disruption of academics. While they wait to enter Australia, it provides information on the skills they must possess and connects them with institutions so they may keep up their talents.
In order to improve student engagement at each point of the student journey, this project implemented high-impact marketing campaigns, optimized and integrated digital channels, developed online tools, and created an interactive web experience.
7. Best for tour and travel
Australia's economy has historically depended heavily on tourism and education. In 2018, approximately 300,000 tourists spent $1.1 billion in Australia, with one in four international students having friends or family there. While on vacation, many visitors frequently join in courses, adding another $835 million to their spending.
The Australian prime minister, Scott Morrison, initiated a $3 million marketing campaign through Tourism Australia in January to lure students and backpackers to travel to Australia. The 630 Australian dollars ($453) in immigration fees for individuals with student visas will be reimbursed if they arrive within the next eight weeks, he noted.
8. Get a taste of another culture
One of the most different nations is Australia. A quarter of the population of the country is made up of immigrants, which is reflected in the cuisine, way of life, and cultural customs. International students can learn about many cultures, venture beyond of their comfort zones, and interact with people from various socio-cultural backgrounds thanks to this diversity.
Students are given the opportunity to see and do things that they might not normally anticipate to do during this fascinating trip. You can, for instance, sample local cuisine and pastimes, listen to local music, and take advantage of all the host nation has to offer.
9. Specials for students
It can be challenging to make ends meet when you include in the price of housing, utilities, transportation, and insurance in addition to venturing out and taking advantage of all that Australia has to offer. To keep the finances under control, a minor discount here and there might make a big difference.
The nation gives international students discounts on books and streaming services, which ultimately saves them a lot of money. Applicants must apply online and confirm their status as students on the university's website in order to receive a one-time promotional code that may be used to register for these discounts.
1. Is the 10+2+3 education system accepted by Australian universities?
Ans: Yes, the 10+2+3 system is allowed for the Master's program in Australia.
2. Which English proficiency exams are accepted by Australian colleges and universities?
The preferred English language competence test in Australia is the IELTS, which is accepted by almost all universities there. However, they also recognize additional proficiency tests including the TOEFL, PTE, and OET (refer to the official website of your preferred institution for the same).
3. Can students work while they are in school?
Ans: Over the academic year, students with subclass 500 visas are permitted to work 40 hours per week, and during the summer, they may work full-time. Doctoral candidates are permitted to work full-time all year round.
4. Are Australian degrees recognized internationally?
Ans: Australian degrees are accepted around the world. Thus, their educational levels are excellent.
5. What are the various study levels that I can apply for in Australia's higher education?
Ans: Students have the option of enrolling in research, graduate, and undergraduate courses. Additionally, they can apply for programs that come with a certificate and a diploma.
Study Assessment From