Aptech Study Abroad
Why Study for a Postgraduate Diploma in Canada?
When it comes to pursuing a PGDM in Canada, there are some advantages over other countries.
- For in-depth study, Canada offers two-year postgraduate diploma programs.
- Summer abroad and internship opportunities are available.
- Those with less than two years of work experience are most likely to benefit from these courses.
- The benefits of pursuing a two-year PG diploma programme include a maximum of 12-18 months of study at a lower cost.
- Your decision is heavily influenced by your short and long-term objectives.
Criteria for Eligibility
When it comes to eligibility criteria for Postgraduate Diploma courses in Canada, each college and university has their own set of requirements for their prospective programmes. So, to give you a quick overview, here are the general eligibility requirements you should be aware of:
- The applicant must have a bachelor's degree in a field related to the PG diploma course they are applying for.
- Some universities may also require GMAT or GRE scores for PG diplomas in Management and GRE scores for graduate diplomas in Science, Engineering, or Technology.
- The applicant must also submit IELTS/TOEFL/PTE language proficiency scores, as well as a Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Letters of Recommendation (LORs).
What is the difference between one and two-year postgraduate diploma courses?
- One-Year Diploma Programs in Canada: Graduate degrees that last a year and include two to three semesters range in price from $10,000 to $15,000 (INR 5,96,045 - INR 8,94,067). One-year postgraduate diploma programmes in Canada provide you with the skills you need to improve your employability in your chosen field.
- Two-Year Diploma Programs in Canada: In Canada, a two-year PG Diploma programme with 4-6 semesters can cost between 13,000 and 20,000 CAD (INR 8-12 lakhs). You can also design your own two-year PG Diploma programme by combining two one-year PGDM programmes. The primary advantage of enrolling in a two-year PG Diploma programme in Canada is that you can work for three years while studying.
Scholarships for a Postgraduate Diploma in Canada
Some Canadian institutions that offer PG Diploma programmes also offer scholarships to international students. Popular scholarships for pursuing a PG Diploma in Canada are listed below:
- International travel is a big deal in Canada. Niagara College provides scholarships to international students with a study permit who enrol in one of their courses. It gives the students 2000 CAD.
- The Paul Foundation offers scholarships to all Indian students interested in studying abroad. The applicants will receive approximately 26,900 CAD in financial assistance.
- Fork tip Women Innovation Scholarships are available for women who want to study abroad. The prize is valued at $2,000 Canadian dollars.
- Brokerfish International Student Scholarships are awarded to students in order to help them pay for health insurance. The cash prize is $1300 CAD.
Student Visa for Canada
You must meet the following requirements to obtain a study permit in Canada:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a specific educational institution (DLI).
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient financial resources to cover tuition, living expenses, and return transportation costs.
- A qualified candidate must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record who poses no threat to the national security of Canada. Students may be asked to provide a police certificate as well.
- Applicants must be in good health and, if necessary, provide a valid medical certificate.
- Applicants must show an immigration official that they will leave Canada when their permitted stay expires.
Diploma Courses at a Low Cost in Canada for International Students
Many Canadian colleges and universities offer low-cost diploma programmes for international students in fields such as computer science, data science, finance, human resources, and others. Here is a list of universities in Canada that offer low-cost diploma programmes:
- St. Lawrence College
- Niagara College
- University of Winnipeg
- Royal Roads University
- Simon Fraser University
- Algonquin College
- Centennial College
- Durham College
- Fanshawe College
- Fleming College
- Sault College
- Mohawk College
- St. Stephens College
- North Island College
- Luther College
- George Brown College
- Humber College
- The Sheridan College
If you have any queries about Studying in Canada, Scholarship in Canada, Top Course in Canada and Admission process in Canada talk to our experts.
Mon to Sat - 10 AM to 6 PM
Study Assessment From