Aptech Study Abroad
Student visa/study permit for Canada 2022
Canada has recently emerged as a top choice for immigrants from all around the world. In 2019, Canada issued more than 4, 00,000 studies Permit (visas), of which approx. 1.39 lakh were granted to students from India.
Unquestionably, the school system in Canada is amongst the greatest in the world. There are several ways for students to make money while they are in school. Studying in Canada increases your chances of setting up a good career along with a well-paying career there and of becoming a permanent resident, allowing you to live there with your family.
The Seven Important Conditions for a Canadian Study permit (student visa)
You must meet the following requirements in order to be qualified for a Canadian study permit:
1. A letter of approval from a Designated Learning Institute is required (DLI): Your picked Canadian foundation or establishment should have a COVID-19 readiness plan that has been approved by its region or domain and is on the supported rundown.
2. Proof of funds: You must demonstrate that you have enough money to cover your tuition costs, living expenses, and return travel costs for you and a family member who joins you in Canada.
3. No criminal history: To demonstrate that you are a law-abiding citizen of your own country, you must not have any criminal history. To show that they don't represent a danger to Canadian security, the competitors should present a police confirmation.
4. You must also be in excellent health and not pose a threat to the residents of the destination country, according to the Immigration Medical Examination (IME) requirement. You should have an ongoing clinical certificate signed by a licensed doctor for several weeks before you start your visa application.
5. Intent to depart: You must demonstrate to the immigration official that you intend to depart the country after completing your studies.
6. The English Language Proficiency Test (recommended but not required): IELTS score report with an overall band of 6.5 for graduate programs and a score band of 6 for undergraduate courses
7. Statement of Purpose: A great SOP may significantly increase your chances of being accepted.
The procedure for requesting a student visa (study permit)
The following steps:
Step 1: Present a school or college application.
Getting confirmation acknowledgment or a deal letter from a licensed instructive establishment is the most vital phase in beginning the Canadian review visa application process. In Canada, there are several schools and institutions that provide students with a variety of degrees and study options.
Step 2: Pay the fees.
The next step for you is to pay the college or university fees after receiving an offer letter. You can utilize a worldwide wire move to pay your charges. You will receive a receipt after the institution has received and processed your fee. The receipt must be saved since it will be needed when you submit your visa application.
Step 3: Invest in GIC
The student's following stage is to buy a GIC or Guaranteed Investment Scheme. Every global understudy should have a GIC to cover everyday costs after they show up in Canada. The GIC has a $10,200 value and may be bought from any participating bank.
Administrative fees are deducted by the bank, which averages $200 but might vary from bank to bank. Upon arrival in Canada, you will be given $2,000, and the remaining $8,000 will be given to you in 12 equal payments for living costs.
Step 4: Complete the physical examination
You will currently have to go through a clinical assessment by a doctor authorized by the Canadian government. You will be given a receipt for your medical examination, even though the results will be sent straight to the immigration authorities. The receipt will be sent after the application is submitted.
Step 5: Apply for a Study permit also known as a study Visa
The next step is to submit an application for a student visa for Canada termed a study permit issued by a Canadian authority.
Step 6: Obtain a visa.
You will get a correspondence from the Canadian government requesting your visa termed a study permit on the off chance that your application is acknowledged. It can be delivered in person or by VFS. Following that, you will receive a letter of introduction and a temporary residence visa.
Have trouble applying for a student visa? We can assist you in obtaining a student visa for Canada that is quick and error-free.
Canadian Universities' Annual Admissions
Intake 1: Fall semester, September
Intake 2: January's winter semester
Intake 3: Summer semester, April/May (available for limited programs and universities)
Documents Needed for Student Visa Immigration to Canada
A few papers must be submitted with each application for a student visa/ study permit to Canada by the applicant. You will require the following paperwork to apply for a student visa (study permit) to Canada:
- Valid Passport
- Proof of Acceptance from a Designated Learning Institute (DLI)
- Proof of Funds
- Immigration Medical Examination
- Education transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates
- Language Proficiency Score
- Statement of Purpose
- Travel Documents
- Passport size photographs
- Documents for various test scores like GMAT, GRE, IELTS, etc
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAD 10,000
- Proof of payment for a visa application fee
- Proof of work experience with payslips
You will need to pay CAD 150 for a study permit for Canada, including extensions (approx. INR 8595)
Required for a Canada Study Permit: Proof of Funds
The applicant's and their family members' minimal financial requirements are:
Outside Quebec (CAD)
In Quebec (CAD)
First Family Member
5,100 - 3,800
Every Additional Family Member
5,125 - 1,903
The price of education in Canada (approximate figures)
- A bachelor's degree will cost between 13,000 and 20,000 Canadian dollars.
- A master's degree will cost between 17,000 and 25,000.
- Doctoral degree: 7,000 to 15,000 Canadian dollars
- MBA: 30,000 to 40,000 CAD
Costs of living in On-campus housing are about 8,000 to 10,000 Canadian dollars per year. Shared apartments run about 400 to 700.
Living costs: around 15,000 CAD (indicative)
Pay taxes using your Social Insurance Number on the money you make while studying in Canada (SIN)
Processing time for Canadian study visas
The processing of a study visa for Canada might take 3–4 weeks.
Other Vital Questions
Is it simple to obtain a PR after attending school in Canada?
After graduating, you'll need to submit an application for a work permit through the PGWP program. The first stage in the permanent immigration to Canada procedure is to create an Express Entry profile.
Can I work in Canada while I'm a student?
During academic sessions, you are permitted to work 20 hours a week, and on breaks, you may work full-time.
The Student Partnership Program (SPP) is exactly what it sounds like.
Indian students may now apply for study visas much more quickly and easily thanks to agreements established through the Student Partnership Program (SPP), a collaboration between select Canadian universities and the Canadian High Commission in India. The Student Direct Stream has been superseded by the SPP program.
Which four Canadian universities are the best?
The best institutes of higher learning in Canada are listed below.
Top Universities in Canada
Canada Rank 2021
World Rank 2021
University of Toronto
University of British Columbia
Which entrance visa categories are necessary for studying in Canada?
A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is required for admission into Canada (Electronic Travel Authorization).
How long will it take you to receive a student visa for Canada?
Although it often happens more quickly, the processing period for a Canadian study visa application might last up to 90 days. In order to get a study permit more quickly, Indian students can also use the Student Direct Stream.
What does a Canadian Post-Graduation Work Permit entail?
A Post Graduation Work Permit, or PGWP for short, enables students to stay and work permanently in Canada for up to three years after they graduate. The length of the program determines how long the work permit will be valid.
How long does it take to process a post-graduation work permit?
Applicants for PGWP study permits might have to wait 90 days for a response. For a favorable outcome, you must satisfy the visa office with all PGWP standards.
In Canada, who issues work permits?
The office of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issues work permits to foreign students studying in Canada. But before applying, candidates must already have a job offer.
Can a visiting visa in Canada be converted into a study permit?
To convert your Canadian visiting visa status to a study permit, you must first finish a brief required course. You won't be able to apply for a study visa inside Canada until after that.
What do visa officials look for when approving student visas?
When you apply for a visa, the immigration officers normally examine to see if the Canadian academic program you want to enroll in is linked to your prior field of study. Additionally, they would try to comprehend how your objectives for a profession would be impacted by your international program.
A fast-expanding economy and plenty of professional options are available in the maple country. For further education, Indian students might look forward to Canada. Many individuals from all over the world choose to relocate to Canada in order to start new lives and provide for their families.
Here is a brief explanation of how to apply for a student visa for Canada:
1. Conduct research before you start your student visa application, research the Canadian institutions and courses you wish to enroll in, the yearly intakes, and acquire all the necessary papers.
2. Submit a college or university application: Prepare a real SOP in advance. Our SOP specialists can assist you with that. Next, submit applications to colleges and wait for an acceptance letter. Verify that the institution you are applying to is a Designated Learning Institute before submitting your application (DLI).
3. Pay the necessary tuition and other fees: Keep the receipt close at hand. For your visa application, you must present it.
4. Purchase the Guaranteed Investment Scheme: Each international student must purchase a GIC from one of the participating banks in the amount of $10,200. The rewards on this investment will be set.
5. Have your medical exams performed. Do this one week before submitting your visa application, and keep the results with you.
6. Submit a visa application: You may do this online or with the assistance of a reputable immigration expert. Completely submit your application together with the VFS Consent Form and any other necessary paperwork.
7. Submit your passport and get ready to relocate to Canada: If your visa application is accepted, you will get a notice from the Canadian government asking for your passport. You'll get a letter of introduction and a temporary residence visa shortly after that. All that's left to do is get ready to go to Canada.
Remember that getting professional assistance from a Canada study visa advisor will help you prevent simple errors in your application and documents.
Study Assessment From