Aptech Study Abroad
Guide to Pursue MBA in Canada
The secret to any business's success is knowing how the market is changing and acting accordingly. Many industries throughout the world are seeing success thanks to aspirants with managerial skills. Management is an art, indeed! By getting an MBA at a suitable university, one can develop insights and skills that will help one become more proficient in management. You can establish a profession in business management if you have an outstanding infrastructure, qualified academics, and a degree that is recognized around the world.
Why MBA in Canada
Students from throughout the world choose to study in this nation because of its strong economy, diverse culture, and welcoming immigration policy. This nation is a top choice for international students due to its high living standards, accessible, high-quality education, multicultural society, and vibrant, well-integrated labor market. It is one of the top five places worldwide to pursue higher education.
Major Canadian cities
Benefits of Earning an MBA
A strong MBA will always help you operate a business more efficiently, regardless of whether you desire to work in management or as an entrepreneur. For people who desire to develop their managerial skills, an MBA is beneficial. Companies favor employees with strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the capacity to resolve challenging issues in a challenging work environment.
Benefits of earning an MBA in Canada include:
- The application and visa procedures are easy.
- Internationally recognized degrees are offered at reasonably priced prices by Canadian educational institutions/colleges.
- MBA professionals' careers are boosted by Canadian institutions' business programs, which eventually increase their earning potential.
- Students can learn about the sector through internship programs.
- An MBA degree aids in acquiring practical skills that may be used in actual business situations.
MBA program options in Canada
There are presently numerous specialties for the Master of Business Administration. Courses can generally be chosen based on a few key considerations, such as the subject matter and length of the course. Generally speaking, the length of the course allows for a broad classification of MBA programmes in Canada. You'll have a clearer notion while choosing the appropriate course.
- Full-time MBA in Canada - A full-time MBA in Canada will be appropriate for you if you wish to enter the job market as a leader. Take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to learn about the diversity of the Canadian workforce. Students may pursue their studies full-time because the course lasts two years. To be admitted, international students must have acceptable GMAT and language competence test scores.
- Part-time MBA programs in Canada are an excellent option for candidates who wish to finish their management degree while holding down a job. Depending on the university you choose, this degree's study length could be three to six years.
- Executive MBA in Canada - Designed for executives and aspiring managers seeking senior-level experience. It will take 20 to 28 months to complete.
THE BEST MBA Programs in Canada
- MBA in Finance - International students who desire to pursue careers in corporate finance, market finance, financial reporting & analysis, portfolio management, etc., should consider this program. The course will typically last two years
- MBA in HRM - Renowned Canadian universities provide top-notch instruction in this field. You can learn about and pursue a career in human resources management, which includes the organization's hiring, training, and employee productivity processes.
- The International MBA (IMBA) program in Canada is an option for international students who want to study abroad. You can take part in worldwide courses, integrated curricula, international field studies, and degrees that are recognized all over the world. The curriculum lasts between 20 and 28 months on average.
MBA tuition fee in Canada
Numerous specialties are now offered in management schools due to the rise in demand from hopefuls. Top universities are providing excellent MBA programs to overseas students in order to give them exposure to the business world on a global scale. Cost considerations rank among the most significant when evaluating the various course selection aspects. This wonderful advice will help you stay on top of the planned financial issues if you want to pursue an MBA in Canada.
MBA Tuition Cost in Canada for International Students
|Average Tuition Fee (CAD)
University of Toronto
MBA at McGill University
University of Alberta
University of British Columbia
Cost of Living in Canada
Shared flat rents
Share of utilities
Canadian MBA Requirements
Canada's document requirements for MBA
Generally speaking, some documentation must be presented to the relevant Canadian university. These specifications could change from one to the next. However, we did provide you with the typical documents that were anticipated, as indicated below:
- A list of academic accomplishments and transcripts
- A record of test results
- Bank Statements;
- Documentation of work history (if any)
- Letter of Recommendation (minimum 2)
- Updated CV/Resume;
- SOP (Statement of Purpose);
- MBA Essays (if necessary);
Indian Students' Eligibility for MBA Programs in Canada
If you meet the requirements listed in the universities' eligibility requirements, studying MBA in Canada is simple. Here are a few fundamental standards to help you become ready.
- International students must hold a bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized institution in any discipline.
- Work experience will also play a significant role in management courses' emphasis on experiential and practical learning. By including your work experience certificate, you can have a competitive advantage over other applicants.
Which Test is Necessary for an MBA in Canada?
- Universities need students to obtain TOEFL and IELTS certificates as proof of their English competence.
- TOEFL: 90+
- 6.5 to 7.0 on the IELTS
- A GMAT score of at least 550 is required, and higher is preferred.
Canada's Most Popular MBA Scholarships
The following are all the well-liked MBA scholarships in Canada that are available to Indian students who want to study abroad:
Rotman School of Management Scholarships
The University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management awards entrance scholarships, monetary awards, and fellowships to one in every three applicants each year. The Rotman School of Management Scholarships are designed to give talented students access to the best tools they need to excel in the MBA sector.
The scholarships offered are listed below:
- Forté Foundation Scholarships
- Rotman Entrance Awards and Fellowships
- MGA/MBA Awards
Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Program
One of the most popular scholarship alternatives for MBA candidates is the Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Program. It is a merit-based programme that aids top universities in the province of Ontario.
- University of Windsor
- Carleton University
- York University
- University of Waterloo
Sauder Schools of Business Entrance Scholarship
The Sauder School of Business offers a variety of funding opportunities for Indian and other overseas students to help them easily complete their degrees.
Alberta MBA Scholarships
The University of Alberta's Alberta School of Business offers a number of student awards in the form of foreign scholarships to candidates who have the necessary merit but require financial assistance to finish their MBA courses.
The most well-liked Scholarship for MBA in Canada is provided here.
AIMCo MBA Awards
Schulich School of Business Scholarships
Numerous scholarships are available to Indian students at Schulich School of Business to help pay for their MBA degrees. These can take the shape of beginning student awards or continuing student scholarships.
Entrance Scholarships (proposed to full-time st at Schulich in view of their legitimacy and scholarly execution)
- Robert Krembil Scholarship of Merit (CAD 33,000)
- Scotiabank Scholarships in International Business (CAD 20,000)
- Seymour Schulich MBA Entrance Scholarship (CAD 24,200)
- Tanna H. Schulich MBA Entrance Scholarship (CAD 24,200)
Awards for Continuing Students (offered to students based on academic performance and specific criteria)
- Wigwam Scholarship (CAD 2,500)
- Carol Anne Letheren Women’s MBA Awards (CAD 3,000)
- Sony of Canada MBA Scholarship (CAD 3,000)
- The Thomas Beck MBA Award (CAD 5,000)
Marketing Jobs after MBA in Canada
You will learn how to implement marketing strategies in the MBA Marketing program as well as how to market and advertise goods and services. The following are the top MBA positions in Canada that specialize in marketing:
|Average Salary (in USD)
84,900 (INR 62 lakhs)
79,900 (INR 59 lakhs)
48,000 (INR 35 lakhs)
57,000 (INR 42 lakhs)
Finance Jobs after MBA in Canada
Since one of Canada's strongest industries is finance, numerous Canadian business schools provide MBA in finance programs to prospective students. Other sought-after MBA positions in Canada for graduates with a focus in this area of study are:
|Average Salary (in USD)
65,000 (INR 48 lakhs)
85,000 (INR 62 lakhs)
59,000 (INR 43 lakhs)
75,000 (INR 55 lakhs)
MBA Operations Jobs in Canada
Operations management MBA graduates are in charge of organizing, planning, and overseeing production, manufacturing, and service provision. For students searching for graduates in this field of study, the following is a list of the top MBA jobs in Canada:
|Average Salary (in USD)
Business Operation Manager
65,000 (INR 48 lakhs)
85,000 (INR 62 lakhs)
Director of Operations
98,000 (INR 73 lakhs)
68,000 (INR 50 lakhs)
As opposed to graduates from other nations, Canadian MBA graduates are more likely to get employment in large and medium-sized businesses. We have compiled a list of the top Canadian recruiters for MBA positions:
- TD Canada
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Thomas Reuters
- Goldman Sachs
- BGC Partners
Obtaining a work permit after an MBA in Canada
Aspirants are drawn to Canada due to its dynamic, multiracial society and growing need for business degrees. After completing their MBA programs, graduates are welcomed by the Canadian government. So, in Canada, obtaining a work permit after earning an MBA is simple and hassle-free. Yes, you can successfully obtain a work visa by taking a few easy steps early on.
The following is a list of the key details we sorted out regarding the work permit rules following an MBA.
- After graduating, international students have 180 days to apply for a post-graduation employment permit.
- Graduates can work for any company in Canada with a work visa, which is an added benefit.
- Graduates who obtain work visas are eligible for a three-year stay in Canada.
When should I apply for a Canadian MBA?
Canada provides three intakes.
i.e., intake throughout the fall (September), summer (May), and winter (January), any of these intakes allow you to sign up for the MBA program. The Fall MBA intake is the most popular season for enrollment; however, the majority of Indian students prefer it.
Is a Canadian MBA worth it?
Answer: The Canadian economy is among the strongest in the world. In addition, Canada welcomes visitors from other countries. Consequently, this presents MBA students with numerous employment options after they graduate. This makes going to Canada to study abroad entirely worthwhile!
How much does an MBA program in Canada cost?
Ans: The cost of studying in Canada ranges from 30,000 CAD to 90,000 CAD, depending on the institution and area of study you pick.
Study Assessment From