Aptech Study Abroad

  • Published   [ Mon, Feb 14 2022]
  •     198

An insight to life in Canada as an international student

Whether you're thinking about studying in Canada or have already been accepted, you're probably interested in learning more about student life in Canada. We take care of everything from obtaining a review visa to finding partners once you arrive. Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions by international students.

To apply for a review visa, you'll need a letter of acknowledgement from a recognised educational institution. You may also be required to meet with a consular officer from your country of origin. To get a review licence, you'll need a clinical evaluation and a police statement.

You'll need around $10,000 in addition to your schooling costs (plus extra if you're bringing wards or examining in Quebec). You can provide proof of funds by presenting a ledger in your name in Canada, a sure-fire venture authentication (GIC), confirmation of a student loan, bank proclamations, or a letter from someone who gave you money. The Scotiabank Student GIC allows you to put down any amount between $50,000 and $100,000 and receive your money in monthly increments over the course of a year.

Get free Counsulling

Students travelling to Canada should, in general, have a major report grant (or a letter of presentation demonstrating a concentration on licence endorsement) and be enrolled in a proven learning foundation with a COVID-19 ready plan. Regardless of whether you've had all of your vaccines, you may be placed in isolation for 14 days once you arrive.

If you are an alumni student at a Canadian college, many alumni initiatives will provide a monetary package that includes grants and bursaries. You should also check with your school's financial aid office to see whether any international students are eligible for any grants or bursaries. EduCanada is a fantastic place to start figuring out what you're qualified for and how to apply for it.

While many colleges provide housing for international students, if yours does not, you will be on your own to locate a place to stay. Inquire at your school's international student office about finding a place to rent a pad or a room in the city you'll be moving to. For information on the renting cycle in Canada and what to look for in a rent agreement before signing one, consult the CMHC's leaseholder's guide.

The Scotiabank StartRight program includes no monthly account fees on a basic chequing account, unlimited no-cost foreign cash transfers, and safe online banking 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You'll need your review grant or transitory visa, an official photo ID, and evidence of school enrollment to create a record.

A few Canadian provinces pay for overseas students clinical expenses as part of their standard medical coverage plans, while others ask students to get private health insurance. If you have proof of further private medical care, you may be eligible to retire. Your school may be able to assist you, but if not, this Canadian government website can direct you to a site in your region.

Study Assessment Form

As an international student, you can work as many hours as you like locally, but you will need to apply for a Social Insurance Number. You may also have the option of working off-campus for up to 20 hours per week in a centre company. You are also available to work all day off grounds during scheduled breaks, such as the colder season trips or understanding week.

Knowing how to deal with life as a Canadian student is essential; the people you meet will almost certainly influence the amount of time you spend in the country. Participate in student clubs, and focus on meetings, intramural events, and workouts that are organised by your quarters home. The international student office at your institution frequently hosts get-togethers for new students.

You could also want to form a review group with your classmates so that you can assist one another. Most foundations, on the other hand, include assistance administrations such as guides, educators, and displaying companions who are available to assist pupils throughout their free time. Here's a quick rundown of what to expect as a Canadian student.

While moving to another nation, there is always the anticipation of absorbing information. Allow yourself plenty of time to acclimate and make friends with other international students. There are a number of social and cultural customs that are likely to be very different from what you are used to.

What are your options for living in Canada if you plan to study there? Alumni of a few carefully selected educational foundations are eligible to apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit. Once you have some employment and start working in Canada, you can apply for super-durable residence and citizenship.

Making a strategy for what you want to accomplish, including any essential desk work dates, can help you ensure that the application and migration run as smoothly as possible. Make an appointment with Scotiabank right now to learn more about how we can assist you.

The Scotiabank Student Banking Advantage Plan is designed for Canadian permanent residents who have lived in Canada for less than three years, as well as international students and foreign workers. Shared ABM services, cross-border debit transactions, and other financial services not included in the package are subject to additional costs. Full-time students enrolled in a Canadian university, community college, CEGEP, or other approved post-secondary school are eligible to apply. To take advantage of the Student Banking Advantage Plan, you must be enrolled full-time at an eligible postsecondary school. To be eligible for a credit card, you must be a Canadian resident who has reached the age of majority in your province or territory. A transfer from an approved Scotiabank chequing or savings account is required.


If you have any queries about Studying in Canada, Scholarship in Canada, Top Course in Canada and Admission process in Canada talk to our experts.

call  (+91) 928 928 9007

call  (+91) 750 383 2132

time  Mon to Sat - 10 AM to 6 PM

Study Assessment From